For Deep Fry
1. Mix sugar, water and cardamom powder, and cook till the syrup becomes thick. [before one string consistency]
2. Filter the syrup using steel filter.
3. Add the honey with the syrup. Now the sugar syrup is ready.
1. Dip the bread slices into water and take it out immediately.
2. Squeeze them and keep it in a separate bowl.
3. Then mash them well and knead to firm dough without adding water.
4. Divide this dough into gooseberry size equal portions without cracks.
5. Deep fry them in the oil, in a low flame till the jamuns becomes golden brown in color.
6. Put them into the sugar syrup and soak them for more than 30 mins.
Serve the Bread Jamuns warm.
I am sending this and the following bread recipes to Pari's Only cooking with Bread event.