Agathi Keerai Kuzhambu is a Kongu traditional and multipurpose keerai kuzhambu. It can be used as side dish for chapathi, cur rice, dosai etc., It can be also used as kuzhambu when mixed with rice.
Related Posts:2. Agathi Poo Poriyal
Recipe Cuisine : South Indian | Recipe Category: Kuzhambu
Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins | Yields: 2 cups
Chopped Agathi Keerai Leaves
To Roast and Paste:
1. Remove the leaves from the stem. Wash them twice and drain the water completely. Then chop them into small pieces.
2. Pressure cook the chopped leaves with ¼ cup of water for 2 whistles in a medium flame.
3. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Sauté for 2 mins.
4. Then add thur dal and sauté till the dal turns into golden color.
5. Now add red chillies and sauté till they become crisp.
6. Add chopped onion and fry till the onion becomes translucent. Switch off the flame and add grated coconut. Allow it to cool down completely.
7. Grind them into a little bit coarse paste using little water.
8. After pressure had gone open the lid of the cooker (from 2), then pour this ground mixture (from 7) and mix them well.
9. Add enough water and salt. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
10. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and red chilli. Fry till the mustard seeds splutter.
11. Mix this temper with the kuzhambu (from 9) and mix well. Cook them for one more min and switch off the flame.
Really yummy and mouthwatering kuzhambu is ready to serve.
1. Use small onion or big onion.
2. Adjust the red chilli level according to your taste.