Urad dal flour is a very essential ingredient for many diwali snacks like murukku. It is better to prepare it at home itself because the procedure is very simple.
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category: Homemade
Preparation Time: 2 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Yields: 1 cup
Whole White Urad Dal
1. Heat the heavy bottom pan,then add the urad dal. Dry roast the dal in a low flame till the nice aroma comes out and turns into golden color.
2. Now transfer the urad dal into a dry plate or paper. Allow it to cool down.
3. Then grind it into a fine powder using the dry mixie.
4. Sieve the powder with fine siever. Collect the coarse powder and again powder it using the same mixie. Again sieve it and do it till all the coarse powder into fine powder.
5. Spread the powder on the plate or paper and allow it to cool down completely. Store it in a dry air tight container.