Jowar / White Cholam/Sorghum
Parboiled Rice / Idly Rice
Black Gram Dal / Urad Dal
1. Wash the Jowar thoroughly and soak for 8 hrs.
2. Wash the rice and urad dal, soak them separately for 3 hrs.
3. Grind the dal to a fine thick paste.
4. Grind the rice to half ground level and then add Jowar.
5. Mix both pastes together with salt.
6. Add a little water if necessary.
7. Cover the batter and keep it aside for 8 hrs for fermentation.
8. Heat the kuzhi / kuli paniyaram pan, pour few drops of oil and pour this batter only upto ½ of the kuzhi [depression]. Cook it in medium flame.
9. After few mins, turn them to the other side and cook well until it becomes golden color on both sides.
Serve this paniyaram with Tomato Kururma.