In my experience kids like dosas or appams in different shapes. Flower shape aappam is the most simple shape you can create without any special effects.
Recipe Cuisine : South Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Yields: 1 no.
For Making Aappam
1. Heat the aappam pan and pour few drops of oil. Then pour 1 ½ (1/2 cup) ladle full of batter into the pan.
2. First lower the top side(1), then lower the bottom side(2), lower left side(3), lower the right side(4), now lower the pan to fill the remaining gaps between the four petals. So that the batter spreads like a flower.
3. Now pour few drops of oil and close the lid of the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins.
4. Then take it out from the pan and serve it hot with coconut milk or chutney.
1. You should not turn over the aappam.