Karuppatti is a iron rich sweetener. In villages people take karuppatti in many dishes which city people have forgotten. Karuppatti paniyaram is a very good way to make children take karuppatti. This is ideal for an evening snack.
Recipe Cuisine : South Indian | Recipe Category: Breakfast
Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins | Yields: 10-12 nos.
1 cups (1 cup = 250 ml)
Grated Palm Jaggery / Karuppati
½ - ¾ cup
1. Add the grated palm jaggery and ¼ cup water in a bowl. Heat this mixture till the palm jaggery dissolves completely.
2. Then strain this mixture using the steel strainer. Allow it to cool down.
3. Now mix this mixture with the paniyaram batter, mix them well.
4. Heat the kuzhi / kuli paniyaram pan, pour few drops of oil and then pour this karuppati paniyaram batter upto ¾ of the kuzhi (depression).
5. After few min, turn them to the other side and cook till it becomes golden color on both sides.
Colorful and tasty karuppatti paniyaram is ready. Serve this without any sidedish.
Click here for Paniyaram Batter Recipe and here for Idli Batter Recipe.
1. You can use Idli batter also.